Tuesday, March 29, 2011

7/22/10 to 8/1/10

(Click images to see full size)

So here we are, getting close to the end of the Montana trip. Without any fanfare, let's get it going:

Left- A drawing I did of the growler of Trout Slayer I bought at Big Sky Brewing. Did I mention how much I love Big Sky Brewing?

Right -
7/22/10
Deschutes Brewery
Bend, Oregon
Mirror Pond Pale Ale (Abv. 5%)
It's a Pale Ale. Nice Aroma. Malt balances Hops. Good beer.
9.2

Wow, I wasn't too descriptive in that one. I rule.

Onwards...


(Click to make big) heh

Left- (This is my "Final Thoughts" on Montana...)

Ok - Montana 2010 trip summary:

33 different beers in 15 days. Pretty much 2 different beers a day.
Montana is a beautiful (and tasty) state. From what I remember, I think I hit every brewery I could find. On the last night I found 3 breweries I never got to hit.

Next time, Montana.
Next time.
-PL

Right-
8/1/10
HOME
Florida Beer Company
Melborne, FL
Key West Southernmost Wheat (Avb. ?)
Belgian-style Wheat Ale
brewed with spices and key lime

They suggest I drink it w/oranges lime or both. I had it w/o fruit. Nice beer. I like the lime in a Belgian White but it was bitter at the end and that bitterness lingered.
8+

Then there are some little sketches...

What a weak-ass beer to come home too after the awesomeness that was Montana. But wait until you see Chicago. That's a kick in the teeth. yeesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment